- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Adama
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Driving Jobs in Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
The Light Vehicle Driver main job responsibilities includes; providing safe transportation services for IRC activities under IRC Adama field office project sites, care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories, accurate recording of the vehicle’s log sheet, maintaining vehicles cleanness and making minor mechanical services as the need arises, and closely adhering to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Strict adhere to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
· Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks. Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
· Maintaining the vehicle clean, fueled and mechanically sound.
· Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
· Advising the SC manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
· Documents all fuel and other expenditure regularly and properly.
· Reports promptly to the Supply Chain officer losses, malfunctions or accidents in writing immediately events occur.
· Keeps vehicles clean and make minor mechanical services as required.
· Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
· High School graduate.
· 4 years driving experiences with 3rd Grade Valid Driving License. NGO experience is a plus.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to communicate in English, Amharic, and Afaan Oromo languages.
· Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations.
· Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair.
· Good team spirit, attitude, behavior, and problem-solving abilities.
· Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks.