- Company: SNV
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market-based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
SNV is looking for hardworking driver for key implementing activities of LI-WAY programme.
Background of the Project
The Livelihoods Improvement for Women and Youth (LIWAY) project, funded by Sida, aims to create employment for women and young people in Addis Ababa. .Livelihood Improvement for Women and Youth (LI-WAY) is a consortium program that focuses on fostering a more inclusive environment (Making Market Work for the Poor-M4P) for a group of people (youth and women) who are currently excluded from the systems that could provide pathways to decent employment and income earning opportunities. LI-WAY is delivering innovative and systemic interventions through the relevant market player.
The role of the driver is to transport LI-WAY staff, guests, or errands to destination, based on requests and conform safety and traffic regulations, in order to contribute to timely and safely arrival.
- Vehicle operations and Safety
- Technical Maintenance
- Additional Support Activities
- Minimum high school complete :10th/12th grade and/or vocational training in auto mechanics.
- Having a valid 3rd grade driving license is a minimum requirement
- Have at least five years of work experience in driving 4WD field vehicles especially IN NGO sector
- Having good communication skills and logistics/procurement related experience is added advantage
- Basic Auto mechanics knowledge and skill is a requirement
- Punctuality is a requirement
- Trustworthiness is a requirement
- Basic computer knowledge in Outlook, Word and Excel