- Company: United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Driving Jobs in EthiopiaNGO Jobs in EthiopiaUNOPS Jobs in Ethiopia
The United Nations Office for Project Services is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners in the aid world.
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs for the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ensures prompt and accurate delivery of mails to all UN agencies, multilateral, bilateral, embassies and consular, government and non-governmental agencies/organizations operating from Addis Ababa. Delivers documents to the courier companies and other locations as required.
- Takes care of office documents for protocol clearance, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other government agencies, Embassies and other international organizations operating from Addis Ababa. Also collects all documents destined to UNOPS ETMCO.
- Assists on clerical work in the office when not performing messenger and driving functions. Specifically, She/he binds documents destined to the UNOPS ETMCO and other partners, and ensures that documents for filing are well arranged for easy tracking by the Support Service / Operation Staff.
- He/She performs any other functions as determined by the Supervisor and Head of Support Services in Addis Ababa.
- The key result is accurate, safe and timely execution of the UNOPS office services
- Timely execution of delivery functions;
- Proactive follow-up on protocol issues with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other partners and government agencies;
- Client satisfaction based on feedback against performance and measurements;
- The office car always in good and serviceable condition.
- Secondary Education completion certificate is required.
- A Technical Diploma in Automotive is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years of working as a driver of civilian vehicles is required.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs areas is an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s license with minimum 3rd grade level is required.
Language: Fluency in spoken and written English and the local language (Amharic) is required