Purpose of the Position :
The main purpose of the job is to provide efficient driving services to WaterAid Ethiopia's Country Office to enable the organization achieves its objectives. As the need requires, facilitation like processing bank documents/transactions, purchasing small items, assisting in event organization, delivery of letters to different organizations and liaising activities will be undertaken.
Job Description :
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
* Provide driving services to transport both personnel and purchased or donated goods of the project;
* Take care of the vehicle under her/his/ custody;* Handle the motor vehicle and its accessories with due care;
* Check oil, tires, breaks and other electrical systems before starting vehicle driving;
* Drive vehicles with maximum safety and care and according to traffic regulations;
* Transport goods, equipment, tools and other materials from place to place as required;
* Carry proper driving license at all times; renew it yearly or as required by the law;
* Make routine services such as washing, cleaning and greasing, report any defective parts of malfunctions;
* Keep and submit reports on fuel consumption, mileage, car use etc. using a log book or other formats provided for the purpose;
* Follow-up and report on time on regular repairs and general maintenance of vehicles he/she is assigned;
* Work in all weather conditions (highways and rough roads) without compromising the health and safety policy of WaterAid Ethiopia;
* Frequently travel for fieldwork as assigned and scheduled with required overnight stay;
* Report accidents promptly;
* Keep all the time the local traffic law and guidelines and WaterAid Ethiopia Health and Safety and Security policies;
* Support the project staff and work closely with the local government;
* Undertake any other related activities assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
* Send quotation requests for suppliers and collect price quotations;
* Handle local purchases of materials and capital items and submit all purchase items (local and imported) to the storekeeper through official goods receiving note of the organization;
* Collect and deliver letters and documents as instructed
* Processing bank documents/transactions
* Assisting in event organization
* Delivery of letters to different organizations and
* Perform different liaising activities
1.1. Education and year of experience:
* Completion of secondary education;
* Certification in Auto mechanic and First Aid;
* 3rd grade driving license and purchasing experience;
* Minimum of 4 years work experience in related fields and demonstrated experience in purchasing and other facilitation process.
1.2. Knowledge, Technical Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent driving skill;
* Physical fitness and willingness to work under pressure, possible long working hours and difficult situation;
* Knowledge in First Aid;
* Good communications skill;
* Basic auto mechanical skill to be able to do small repairs, if necessary;
* Demonstrated sound judgment, and ability to work effectively with others at all levels.
1.3. Personal Characteristics / Skills:
The Driver/Facilitator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
* Trustworthy and reliable.
* Ability to act in a professional and ethical manner
* Good Communications Skill both English and local language.
* Excellent interpersonal skills – builds good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Good team Player
* Ability to manage multiple assignments and demanding workload
* Firm belief in gender equality and diversity* Commitment to values and working styles of WAE and local government
How to Apply
* Applicants are required to send their application letter and CV via ethiojobs.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.