- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Driving Jobs in Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Under the direct supervision of the responsible Supply Chain Staff, the Driver will provide transportation services for IRC staff and guests handling business within Addis Ababa. She/he is encouraged to drive in accordance with IRC’s vehicle management policies and procedures.
- The incumbent is responsible for the Safe and efficient transportation of IRC personnel and materials,
- The care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories,
- The Representation of IRC in a professional manner,
- Maintain updated vehicle log sheet by filling in all required information properly and accurately.
- Documents all fuel and other expenditure regularly and precisely.
- Coordinates with staff on their travel requirements.
- Reports promptly to the logistics officer immediately in writing after events of losses, malfunctions or accidents have occurred.
- Keeps vehicles clean and in a very good condition.
- Follow up the periodic service of the vehicle and full fill the crucial condition for processing the maintenance on time.
- Provides some mechanical services to the vehicles as need emerges.
- Takes deliver of goods, supplies, etc on behalf of IRC.
- Fill daily checklist and waiver if any
- Runs errands and support other activities.
- Enforce IRC vehicles policy and safety procedure.
- Carry out other activities as assigned by supervisor
Expected Key Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of the operation and components of IRC light vehicles.
- Safe driving skills,
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair
- Knowledge (or ability to quickly learn) of HF, VHF and satellite communications equipment
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks
- Drivers must display an attitude and behavior that reflects well on both themselves and the IRC
- Strict adherence to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long-distance vehicle checks.
- Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Maintaining the vehicle clean, fueled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the Transport manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Applies basic knowledge of work routines and standards; requires ability to understand oral and written instructions and perform simple tasks.
- Two years of related work experience for high school graduate and Certificate/TVET.
- Valid 3 rd grade driving license
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Plus basic computer knowledge (word, excel)
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Method of ApplicationExternal Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Internal Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.