|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Job Title||:||Electrical Technician|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, April 19, 2019|
|Application Deadline||:||Friday, April 26, 2019|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Position: Electrical Technician
The purpose of the Electrical Technician is to provide electrical service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Installs and repairs electrical lines on buildings.
• Assigns and supervises work assigned to the electricians.
• Advices users how to operate certain type of electrical machine or equipment.
• Carries out electrical repairs in Hostels, Cafeteria, Laundry, Offices, Laboratories and Staff Houses
• Installs Computer and Network lines as necessary
• Checks and approves locally available parts as required
• Draws and designs plan to install electrical line in the absence of electrical diagram or design
• Installs and operates stand by generator and schedules and follows up service time
• Repairs all heavy-duty Kitchen equipment and installs and maintains cold room unit
• Performs any other related duties when assigned by Supervisor
– Duty Station: Addis Ababa
– Grade: 2B
– Minimum Base Salary: Birr 13,215 (Negotiable, depending on history of the candidate)
– Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: ET/14/2019 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 26 April 2019.
• Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electricity, Electromechanical & Electronics from a recognized university/college plus technical training
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience
• Qualified Certification of Competence
• COC certification
• Grade C and above installation license from the Ethiopian Electrical Power Corporation
• Professional electrical engineering design and installation license from Ministry of Urban and Development Knowledge of all applicable codes, standards and regulations
• Skill in installation, repair and maintenance of all systems and assignments common to the trade
• Skill in estimating time and material requirements for work projects
• Ability to work cooperatively with other trades
• Time management skills
• Computer skills including the ability to use word processing
• Be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics
• Be respectful
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 13215.00|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 13215.00|