- Company: World Vision Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ethiopia
World Vision Ethiopia began its first intervention in Ethiopia in 1971 with relief and opened the Ethiopia office in 1975. Relief, rehabilitation and small community development projects dominated the decade that followed. During the 1984/85 drought, World Vision Ethiopia participated in a massive relief operation that saved the lives of millions of people.
- Strategy & Planning
- Develop and implement the Response Office security strategy in alignment with WV security policy so as to ensure the operational priorities of the National Office are appropriately supported.
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, Country Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with current Office of Corporate Security guidelines and training
- Provide leadership/ management of the security focal person’s in country.
- Security Operations
- Work with the Response Manager/ Response Security Manager to carry out Security Risk Assessments as required/directed.
- Country Risk Ratings are established and updated as required
- Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in line with Country Risk Ratings
- Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents
- Conduct security investigations when required.
- Networking and External Liaison/Engagement
- Represent WV at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination.
- Capacity Building and Technical Training
- Coordinate the assessment, development and implementation of the national office capacity building plan for security management based on local security risk assessments.
- Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
- Reporting and Documentation
- Provide a regular security report to the Response Office, region and Office of Corporate Security.
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Conduct performance reviews of the field-based security focal persons.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately.
Knowledge/Qualifications For The Role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Police/Law Enforcement Training.
- No previous criminal record or convictions
- Confirmed employment of the security coordinator is contingent on him/her passing the HEAT training course within 90 days of employment or approved OCS equivalent (probation period) At least three (3) years’ experience in a proven security field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors).
- Experience in operating in high security risk environment/ armed conflict situations.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
- Valid Passport and Driver License First Aid qualified Practical knowledge of tools, mechanisms and procedures for personal and organizational security.
- Professional – behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values.
- Minimum (2) years’ experience working with UN Agency / NGO plus field security experience.
- Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management
Travel And/or Work Environment
- This position requires regular travel between Response Offices and programming areas.
- International travel may also be required.
- Non-standard work hours due to the nature of the security occurrences – may be asked outside of normal office hours.
Applicant Types Accepted : Local Applicants Only