The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was established in 1970 with the support of Save the Children Organizations of Norway and Sweden in collaboration with the Ethiopian Government.
Mandates given to AHRI are to undertake biomedical, clinical and medical biotechnology research and adopt and implement scientific technologies to improve clinical care, health and well-being of the public; conduct clinical trials on new and improved medical diagnostic methods, vaccines and drugs to improve public health; build capacity of higher education and related institutions in the areas of biomedical, clinical and medical biotechnology research; and serve as a center of excellence in medical research and training
To this end, Armauer Hansen Research Institute planned to recruit energetic and skillful for the position of Grant Manager .
Responsibilities of the Contract Worker
· Assist in all aspects of grant proposal writing, award process including but not limited to reviewing proposal document and budget, reviewing grant agreement including all specified terms and conditions stated by the partner and participate in grant negotiation process
· Maintain complete documentation for the grant and provide information as required
· Regularly monitor program progress and budget performance, write regular grant reports, in collaboration with different AHRI Directorates and take appropriate actions as required
· Manage and Prepare result base budget action plan
· Ensure the program and financial management of the institute in line with the grant rules and regulation;
· Manage and monitor budget implementation and recommend reallocation of funds as necessary;
· Manage and monitor donor contributions, including review of agreements and ensuring compliance with rules and regulations and established policies and procedures;
· Prepare and submit budget performance report on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and analyze variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
· Provide guidance on a continuous basis to staff in the implementation of their budget;
· Provide effective and efficient management of all funded program finances, including aspects of budget setting and monitoring,
· Under the guidance of the policy plan director communicate with donors or donor account managers to help resolve specific problems or respond to donor information requests.
· Support to ensure partner sub-grants are disbursed and accounted for in line with contractual requirements – eg pre-assessments, budget tracking, procurement, reporting and capacity building. AHRI has sub grants arrangement with different Universities in Ethiopia;
· Technical guidance and support in preparing for and managing donor audits including liaison with auditors and negotiating contested findings where appropriate.
· Provide technical support in the implementation of the grants per the agreement and maintain complete documentation for assigned grants, provide information regarding grant agreement terms and conditions for all concerned staff and ensure compliance
· Any other duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility
· MA Degree in Public Health, Health Economics, Economics or Business Administration or related fields and 8 years’ experience. OR BA Degree in Public Health, Economics/Management & 10 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in grant/program/project management and financial administration related to health;
- Proven experience in result based management budget preparation and reporting
· Experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional donors such as SIDA, NORAD, EU, EDCTP, USAID, DFID and other with ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures to other staff
· Relevant experience in program planning, project management and M & E and projects financial administration;
· Demonstrated experience in health project (grant) management and resource mobilization
· Experience/Knowledge about the Ethiopian Health sector development program and the health system researches ;
· Expert level skill in planning and budget development, budget monitoring, budget reprogramming, demand base reporting for partners;
· Experience in coordination, communication decision making, committed to achieve results, relationship-building parenting and networking especially with government and Partners
· Familiarity with health systems policies and sectoral reform processes,
· Fluency in English, good communication and negotiation skills;
· Computer skills: proficiency on MS office products and Financial Software
Personal Characteristics & Attitudes
· Ability to work productively without time limit and under pressure
· Good communication skill and being able to work effectively in a group
· Determined, proactive and creative
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should send the following through ethiojobs.net on or before August 19, 2019.
- ·A CV/resume (not more than 5 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process.
Please DO NOT ATTACHES any other documents; you will provided them upon request
No. Required: 01 (one)
Contract Period : One Year (renewed based on availability of fund and performance of the individual)
Work Place : Armauer Hansen Research Institute, Addis Ababa
Note : Following agreement on the above responsibilities and outputs, the selected professional shall prepare a draft annual action plan describing the activities and timeframes required to achieve the outputs defined in the TOR.