Shemu Group is a conglomerate of companies composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company, S-boom Agro-Processing and other functional companies with a fast growing track record of accomplishment. The Companies in Shemu Group are engaged in merchandise, retail, import-export, manufacturing(liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), agriculture, renewable energy & service sectors that provides the society a sustainable solution services and products. Based on this, our sister Company, Green Transport Service PLC, want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have. Being the pioneer Electrical Vehicles(EVs) Ride Company in Africa, duties expected from the incumbent is described below.
Main duties and responsibilities
We are seeking experienced drivers who can oversee the safety of our riders and ensure their transportation to and from their desired locations. A great candidate is someone who has a passion for transportation, understands all road and safety signs, comprehends their local streets, and has an ability to deliver an excellent customer experience on behalf of Green Ride.
Detail duties & responsibilities
- Ability to use software, by extensively going through its functions and features.
- Respond to calls and pings from passengers according to the protocols established by the company.
- Receive and follow customers’ locations through the software, and follow the route as given by the app.
- Ensure timely arrival at the customers’ destinations and inquire into further destinations.
- Greet passengers when they embark on the vehicle.
- Confirm passengers’ identity by using their names to establish familiarity.
- Ensure that safe routes are used to reach desired destinations.
- Consider customers’ alternate route suggestions, after confirming that they are safe to use.
- Work with the software to ensure the truncation of rides, at the end of each ride, according to the specifics of established protocols.
- Reroute passages to destinations in cases of high traffic, or road diversions, due to construction work.
- Perform both preventative and regular maintenance on cars ensuring that they remain in good working order.
- Maintain COVID-19 safety requirements when transporting passengers.
- A valid driving license for Automobile.
- Ability to pass a background (forensic) check and medical test if asked.
- Some college education is preferred.
- Ability to follow safety signs and follow state regulated laws of the road.
- Ability to take online courses to learn how to become a safe driver and deliver an incredible ride-share experience.
Green-Ride Drivers required soft skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent mapping skills.
- Direction-taking skills.
- Ability to think proactively
- Ability to be empathetic towards customers.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to determine the best driving routes when GPS
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV, and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies in person within Seven (7) consecutive working days to Shemu Group Corporate Office located around Kality Total, in front of Kality Metals Factory, Shemu Group Corporate Office 2nd floor Or through email stating “ Application for the post of Green Ride Driver ” in the subject line through email [email protected] in a single pdf file attachment.
Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction will NOT be considered.
Shemu Management Consultants PLC
Green Transport Services PLC