- Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Gambela Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ethiopia
GIZ programme – Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia (QEP) has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in December 2017. The programme is part of the German Special Initiative Tackling the Root Causes of Displacement, Reintegrating Refugees and seeks to provide better vocational training and employment perspectives for refugees and host communities in Ethiopia. The programme leverages the potentials of TVET for integration. Implementation will take place in Addis Ababa, Benishangul-Gumuz, Jijiga, Somali and Gambella Regions.
Considering GIZ-QEP plans to establish an office in Gambella town, the organization seeks to hire qualified security guards to handle security issues and visitors management aspect of the office.
Position : Guard
Place of Work : Gambella Town
Application deadline : May 22, 2019
Required Candidate: One
Responsibilities and core tasks
The security guard is responsible for
- Provision of security services to the GIZ compound and office in Assosa
- Provision of security services to the GIZ office vehicles parked on the compound
- Opening entrance gate for GIZ office vehicles and registered visitors during office hours
- Security checks of visitors if directed by the GIZ personnel at the Gambella office
- Proactively inform relevant GIZ staff of any suspicious/risky activities in the area
- Make sure all office lights and water points are turned off after office hours and compound lights are functioning properly.
- Ensure all GIZ office logistics leave the office compound following office procedures.
Expected qualifications, competences and experience
- Elementary or secondary school graduate
- Physically fit
- Good hearing and eyesight
- Observant, responsible and trustworthy
- Assertive with good interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in similar occupations
- Knowledge of basic security and fire-arm protection procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with public
- Ideally, skills in basic first aid and using a first aid kit and in basic fire safety and using a fire extinguisher
Other knowledge, pre-conditions and additional competences
- Ideally, ability to communicate in English
- Knowledge of Amharic and at least one local language spoken in Gambella
- No previous criminal records
- Reliability and good organizational skills, appropriate appearance and clothing
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Email : email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Cleaner #087/2019 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Application can also be submitted to the office of Gambella Community and Child Development Organization, in Gambella Town Around Arat Killo
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted