Please do not accept payment requests at any of the recruitment phases!
Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
In close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational cam-pains according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
· In close collaboration with the HP manager, participating in the definition and update of the HP/IEC strategy and identifying indicatorsin order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Supporting the HP manager in organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project
Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
· Informing, according to protocols, community members and identified risk groups (prisons, army, sexual workers, etc.) about health related issues
· Organizing health awareness sessions for MSF's medical and non-medical staff
· Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population, and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
· Organizing, training, and supervising the HP team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel, collecting reports and reporting the activities of each health worker and regularly visiting communities that are under his/her responsibility
· Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
· Ensuring cleanliness of IEC (information, education and communication) areas
· Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
The SNNP region recently has experienced increased displacement of people due to several conflicts and surfers from the outbreaks of several diseases. Currently there is a measles outbreak for which we do health promotion activities and active case finding. The region is also very diverse in ethnicity, and since the link to the community is essential to the success of our activities, we will need to do assessments of health seeking behavior.
MSF is an independent, neutral and impartial organization that is providing quality medical care free of charge regardless the ethnicorigin of our patients, so to both local and refugee population.
We ensure that our staff is aware and respect the cultural differences of our patients and collaborates with the RHB staff in an equally respectful way.
There are still many challenges in the hospital that will require from our staff a big flexibility to adapt to the needs: changes in the location or the specific tasks that the staff was performing, extra hours, etc We are an emergency organization so in case of any outbreak or emergency situation, the priority for the project will be to respond to the emergency, so the staff can be requested to shift from his/her usual job to support in that response.
As a HEALTH PROMOTION ACTIVITY SUPERVISOR you will have to ensure the good performance of the staff under your supervision, and make sure that the health promotions activities have the expected impact in the community according to the indicators selected. If it is not the case you will have to be proactive identifying the problems, proposing solutions to the PMR and implementing the agreed measures. Any case of absenteeism or bad performance of the staff under your supervision must be reported and addressed properly.
You will have the medical interpreters under your supervision so you will be in charge to identify the training needs of those interpreters and organize them. Also, you will know the language skills of the rest of your team of Health Educators to be able to replace or to support the interpreters if needed.
In all your staff is very important to achieve a high level of intercultural awareness. You will ensure that all new staff (specially expats) receive a cultural briefing about the different cultures present in SNNPR Region.
Experience Essential working experience in MSF (1 year minimum) in health promotion ctivities, or training-education activities (for OCBA it’s 2 years minimum)
Languages Local language essential.
Competencies Results and Quality Orientation L2
Teamwork and Cooperation L2
Behavioural Flexibility L2
Commitment to MSF Principles L2
Stress Management L3
How To Apply:
Application can be submitted/ sent:
-in person, to MSF SPAIN Addis Ababa (please indicate on the envelope: the vacancy title and your name)
-by email to [email protected]
(please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
PLEASE NOTE THAT BECAUSE OF COVID MOVEMENT RESTRICTIONS, APPLICATION FILES GIVEN PHYSICALLY TO ANY MSF SPAIN OFFICE OUT OF ADDIS ABABA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE SCAN AND SEND BY EMAIL.
MSF Spain promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON ROLLING BASIS and POSITION COULD BE FILLED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE.
PLEASE STRICTLY FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS. DON'T CLICK APPLY NOW AS YOU ARE NOT INSTRUCTED TO APPLY ONLINE.