Job Purpose Summary
The MNCH Center laundry worker is responsible for receiving, marking, Collecting and sorting soiled linens, washing, and ironing pressing and folding clothes or linen .He/she is also responsible .for ensuring that all the machines are running smoothly, and that customers are satisfied, that items are thoroughly cleaned and ready for delivery in a timely manner, for collecting linens, inspecting them for wear and tear, cleaning them and returning them. She/he also ensures that every patient has an adequate supply of linens and other laundered materials. And also be able to keep a record of which items belong to whom.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorting, washing, drying, pressing, and folding clothing and other textile items.
- Proper Sorting of linen and understanding the different color schemes
- Removing stains from items using the appropriate procedures.
- Performing minor sewing duties & may make small repairs to the washers and dryers and refer larger issues to maintenance
- Tracking and .keeping a record of which items belongs to whom.
- Keeping an updated inventory of laundry detergents and sewing kits.
- Tracking maintenance and repairs on laundering equipment.
- Ensuring that the facility remains clean at all times.
- Anticipating and responding to customers' queries, concerns, and complaints.
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- Loading and unloading machines, and folding clean linen
- Counting and recording the linen processed each day, making proper deliveries to units and, cleaning and sanitizing the work area including; machines, work tables and sorting area.
- Performs laundry activities within well established guidelines to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- Delivers personal clothing/gowns to the appropriate staff
- Is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned linen, etc. according to schedule
- Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Is responsible for the safe and proper use of detergents and adheres to all safety precautions
- Treat stained linen when applicable and salvageable.
- Maintain records of damaged or stained linen and alert supervisor when damage is beyond treatment and linen must be removed from inventory.
- Operate washers and dryers as manufacturer intended to include: cleaning lint traps, wiping outside of machines, requesting maintenance assistance for repairs, etc.
- Fold clean linen followed by stocking shelves and storage rooms.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Responding and resolving customer complaints of unsatisfactory work or bundle of shortage
- Ensuring that finished laundered articles to ensure conformance to standards
- Determining methods of specific cleaning requirement
- Ensure, maintain an adequate supply and proper storage of linen .and other laundered materials
- Make clean linen and other laundered materials accessible to nurses
- Keeping dirty linen and others in a well-ventilated and located convenient to laundry and avoiding un necessary storage soiled linens
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisors.
Qualification in Relevant Field of Study:- 12/10Grade Complete
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:- 2 for Grade 12 of which 4 years for grade 10 after completion, shall possess experiences in similar position . Familiarity with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment and prior experience in a similar role in a hospital setting is preferable
Desirable: - Knowledge of the safety, infection prevention is required;
How to Apply
|Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia|
|Human Resource and Organizational Development Division|
|P.O. Box: 5716|
|Apply through ethiojobs.net|
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer and female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
For more information about the Association, please visite www.fgaeet.org