GOAL ’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
About the Position:
The Logistics Officer is to provide all necessary logistical support to enable project activities to proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to GOAL’s logistics procedures and to provide full support to the Field Logistics Supervisor in the management of logistics functions.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/DUTIES
Ensure all compound repairs are reported to the Field Logistics Supervisor in a timely manner
Spot check kitchen/ washrooms and office frequently and maintain expected hygiene standards level. Delegate responsibility to the cleaners to maintain cleanliness
Management of Base Water, electricity, generator and ensure it is serviced as scheduled
Coordinates transportation of supplies through established transportation processes; arrange for transportation of supplies coordinate shipment and receipt of supplies using established guidelines where possible. Determine best delivery method based on the supply chain, cargo type
Assist the FLS in the management of transport at field level and locally hired vehicles where applicable
Coordinate with programme and operation staff to ensure that the transport requirements are being met
Assist the FLS in managing transport requirements including Vehicle logbook (VLB) fuel consumptions, maintenance, servicing and ensuring that all vehicles/motor bikes are fully equipped with tool kits, First Aid kits, and other relevant equipment for short or long journey.
· Make sure vehicles equipment are maintained as per GOAL logistics manual and specific maintenance schedule and standard and security standards
· To manage and coordinate all drivers and make regular inspections of vehicles/motor bikes/generator logbooks
· With consultation with the FLS liaise with Transport Manager regarding the repair and maintenance of vehicles based on the reports submitted by mechanic or identified garage.
· To monitor and evaluate drivers’ performance, fuel consumption and vehicle maintenance and repairs.
· To carry out daily weekly and monthly checks on all tools and spare parts in all GOAL vehicles as well as weekly mechanical checks in cooperation with mechanic or identified garage
· To provide monthly evaluation reports on all transport issues to the FSL
· To manage fuel system, including the weekly and monthly transport analysis of the cost and efficiency as per GOAL standard Vehicle Logbook and Fleet summary formats
· To make sure that there is an efficient system of booking (daily, weekly, late, individual vehicle) as per the vehicle bookings and allocation
· To make sure that all safety and security procedures and measures according to GOAL manual are exercised and those which are specifically required for within sites of operation
· Coordinates the maintenance of vehicles by maintaining table of tracking database to ensure vehicles are maintained as scheduled
· Together with the FLS, assist the Logs Co in ensuring that all assets are registered on the Fixed Asset Register
· Together with the FLS, assist the Logs Co in maintaining the extract asset register in the field office by ensuring that all movement of assets is recorded and tracked
· Ensure that all assets which are damaged are reported to the Logs Co for repair or request assessment for disposal action; consultation with FLS
· Maintain a copy of asset certificate in the field office and ensure it is filed in an orderly manner
· Together with the FLS, assist the Logs Co in ensuring that asset repair certificate is prepared and accompanies any asset that is sent from the field to Head office for repair
Stock and Store Management
· Processes inventory requests and validates receipt of goods and materials against requirements; ensures inventory requests are fulfilled
· Ensure that all goods received by GOAL are recorded in GOAL standard templates and are stored and handled as per GOAL logistics manual procedures of safety, security, accountability and transparency
· Ensure that all store transaction paper works are kept filed as per GOAL filing system.
· Ensure that all the items stored in the warehouses are recorded in GOAL warehouse papers
· Supervise weekly and conduct monthly and mid-year stock taking as per GOAL standards with coordination from Logs Co
· Produce weekly and monthly warehouse reports as per GOAL Logistics Manual standards based on information acquired from the warehouse records.
· Manage storekeeper/assistant (s) where applicable
· Keep up to date records and files on all stocks in soft copy tool of Stock Monitoring Sheet through data info
· Disseminate store records (SMS) on weekly basis to field SMT and programme staff.
Distribution of Stock
· Management of IRF’s for local stock
· Generation of DD’s (Delivery Dockets) and Packing lists for all stock to be transferred to a secondary warehouse or final destination.
· Manage and account for all fuel stock tracking (issues and receipts)
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· Diploma/Degree in Logistics and Supplies Management
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience as Logistics Officer with NGO/Corporate organization
· Good communication skills
· High level of honesty, commitment and expertise
· Fluent in spoken and written English
· IT literate - Skills in computer Packages – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
· Report writing skills
· Very enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the programme
Desirable quality, skill and competence
· Certification in Logistics Management
· NGO experience
· Good command of English language
· Fluent in spoken and written Amharic and local language
· Familiarity of the local area
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS :
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with Job Title needs to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly submit their application to [email protected] ( The vacancy reference number, Job Title along with the full name needs to be written on subject of the email , failing to do this will leads to disqualification) and on ethiojobs.net
- Applicants without access to internet can submit to the GOAL Ethiopia Regional Office at Meta reception.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.