Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an international Italian NGO established in 1965. Since then COOPI has been undertaking activities to help and empower the poor and needy in different countries. COOPI Ethiopia started its operation in 1995 and its activities include water resources development, Food Security, Human and Veterinary Health, Education, Hygiene and Sanitation Promotion and Awareness and Capacity Building.
COOPI is currently implementing several projects in Oromia, Somali and Afar region
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage the overall procurement and logistics functions of COOPI office in Addis and field offices
- Ensure conformity to procedures and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Ensure all procurement processes comply with COOPI and individual donor policies and procedures.
- Collect quotations, market surveys, ordering, monitoring, receipt, conformity checks according to purchase/services requests.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of procurement processes in the Country Office and organize and lead tender processes, assemble the procurement committee meetings as required, draft contracts and ensures all documents are made available to management review and decision.
- Facilitate customs clearance of duty free import of project inputs and permits for asset disposal and project close out with relevant ministry offices.
- Ensure that programs have submitted monthly procurement plans and coordinate procurement with the concerned program managers to ensure the right quality specification and timely delivery of goods.
- Coordinate the organization of national and international travel including booking vehicles and accommodation, purchasing tickets and travel insurance, arranging visas, logistics, etc. for project experts, partners and staff.
- Work with Senior Administration and Finance Officer and Operations Officer to conduct periodic inventory of office assets.
- Overall supervision of logistics support staff, which includes logistic assistants, store keeper, guards, cleaners, drivers and mechanics
- Other duties related to the position
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- BA degree in supplies chain management or other logistics fields.
- 5 years proven and relevant work experience in emergency programs in a INGOs.
- Previous experience in INGO with experience/knowledge of European commission funded grants
- Ability to work well within a team and take responsibility to deliver results.
- Fluency in written and spoken English,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to work out of regular working hours based on the program need.
- Knowledge of working area will be preferable
- Respect culture, believe of diverse ethnic and traditional set up
How to Apply
Application duration: 10 days starting from the date of advertisement
Interested applicants should submit all their academic credential, CV and meaningful motivation letter stating why s/he wishes to work for COOPI, by mail or in person in a sealed envelope to the address mentioned below OR by e-mail to: email@example.com
COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE (COOPI)
P.O.Box: 2204, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
COOPI office in Addis Ababa, Yeka Subcity- Woreda 8 – House New – Ethiopia
Telephone: 0116591001 or 0116591921
NB : Only short listed candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted. Women are highly encouraged to apply.