Médecins Sans Frontières MSF-Holland
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
· Position Title: LOGISTICS Supervisor
· No. of Positions: One
· Place of Work: Dansha & Humara, Amhara Region.
· Reports To (direct and functional supervision): Project Coordinator
· Terms of Employment: Temporary ( For emergency response) pool
· Remuneration and Benefits:
- Starting Gross Salary: 15,556.00 ETB
- Medical Cover: As per the organisation’s policy
- Hardship Allowance: 25% of salary with maximum amount of Birr 5,500
Vacancy Posted from 08 February 2021 to 12 February 2021 ( 5 Working Days)
Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organisation that intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF-Holland in Ethiopia currently operates in three projects (Abdurafi / Midre Genet project in Amhara Region, Wardher Project in Somali Region and Kule Project in Gambella region) with a diversified workforce.
Main Purpose / Job Summary: Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission
General Position Accountabilities:
• Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
• Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
• Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
• Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
• Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
• Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
• Context-Specific Accountabilities
· To be the link and supervisor between our 2 sub-bases, Dansha & Humera and our main Abdurafi Base, ensuring smooth runnig of the logistical process.
· Responsibility and abillity to rove around between the 2 sub-bases on a bi-daily basis..
· Responsible for daily vehicle & drivers management in collaboration with the head of drivers.
· In charge of the watchmen at both locations, securing workrosters, meetings, leave requests, etc.
· Overseeing cook&cleaners at the 2 sites.
· Local purchase management
· Stock management of our local storage at the respective sites
· Responsibility to oversee maintenance activities & follow up
· Frequent logistical reporting to line managers
· Ensure basic finance management
· Supply management between sub-base and main Abdurafi supply management team.
Essential secondary education and formal technical training
At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF .
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good computer skills: MS Word and Excel
• Results and Quality Orientation L2
• Teamwork and Cooperation L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L2
• to MSF Principles L2
• Stress Management L3
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their nonreturnable and up-to-date CV and cover letter including clear photocopies of all supporting documents via any one of the below-mentioned locations.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates with the required experience and qualifications as well as clear and validated documentation will be called upon to attend further assessment .
Sincerity of Declarations and Documents Submitted to MSF
Use of false documents to gain employment with MSF will lead to automatic cancellation from the recruitment process and if found after employment will lead to immediate termination.
Application can be submitted:-
MSF representative at Abyssinia Hotel
Submit Applications:- through blow link
· Apply via Ethiojobs ( )
· Send an email to- [email protected]