The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2019, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Mail Person/ with driving skills.
She/he is responsible for managing outgoing messages and packages, ensuring proper labeling and packaging for outgoing post and keeping detailed records of all incoming packages, including weight and dimensions, among other duties. She/he will need to directly deliver mail to both departments and individuals, requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
Required number: Two
Reports to: Human Resource Officer
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Salary: Attractive (Non Civil Service Scale)
Expected Start Date: Immediately after obtaining the contract
· Sorting assembling mail by department and category;
· Managing outgoing messages and packages;
· Ensuring proper labeling and packaging for outgoing post;
· Arranging deliveries with delivery companies such as FedEx;
· Forwarding misdirected mail;
· Keeping an inventory of mailing supplies, such as envelopes and stamps;
· Signing off on certified mail;
· Keeping detailed records of all incoming packages, including weight and dimensions;
· Logging incoming mail in the NEBE systems;
· Delivering mail to both departments and individuals, ensuring the relevant parties sign off on them;
· Clarifying your scheduled and anticipated deliveries before each shift begins;
· Fetching, checking, and signing for parcels at their respective collection points;
· Taking special care to load the parcels into your bag or vehicle in a safe manner;
· Devising and choosing the most effective routes;
· Transporting items to drop-off points;
· Answering recipients' questions about the delivery process;
· Ensuring that both yourself and the recipient sign all relevant documentation upon delivery;
· Advising your line manager of deliveries that could not be fulfilled;
· TEVT graduate with 4 years’ experience.
· Very good vehicle and motor bicycle driving skill.
· Ability to carry heavy mail sacks and parcels for deliveries, and drive for long stretches of time.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Maintain the vehicle safe and clean.
· Ability to interact with the public in a friendly, professional manner.
· Using navigation apps to determine the best route.
· Ability to remain organized.
· Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
· Outstanding organizational skills.
· Diligence and attention to detail.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills.
· Good dexterity.
· Good command both in English and Amharic.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references via email to [email protected] by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and Half day on Saturday.
For more information and detailed Job description, please visit our job portal at http://www.abhpartners.com/vacancy-announcement-list or http://www.ethiojobs.com
Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.