Purpose of the position:
Mechanic Driver is responsible to safely drive rig carrier truck and other support trucks, assist chief and rig mechanics in keeping the safety of drilling machine, compressor and trucks to ensure smooth drilling operation. Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Major Responsibilities :
· Safely drive heavy trucks (rig carrier, compressor carrier or supply truck) of the drilling crew.
· Engage in the maintenance of drilling rig, compressor and supply trucks in collaboration with chief and rig mechanics.
· Conduct periodic service of rig, equipment and trucks in consultation with chief and rig mechanics.
· Keep proper records of spare parts, service kits and consumables of rig, compressor and trucks, and report to chief mechanic for replacement/change.
· Identify and troubleshoot minor problems in the drilling rig and trucks and report timely for further support if any.
· Monitor the safety of the rig and trucks and report its status timely to chief mechanic.
· Partake in the drilling and well construction works.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
§ Minimum 6 years experience
§ NGO work experience preferably working in water well drilling operation
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
§ Training or experience in Auto mechanic/ auto-electricity
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Proven ability working as mechanic
· Driving license Grade 4 and above.
R equired Travel and/or Work Environment
· Travel to sites (about 80%) domestic
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies