- Company: World Vision Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - NGO Jobs in EthiopiaWorld Vision Jobs in Ethiopia
World Vision is the largest child-focused private charity in the world. Our 34,000+ staff members working in nearly 100 countries have united with our incredible supporters to impact the lives of over 200 million vulnerable children by tackling the root causes of poverty. Through World Vision every 60 seconds…a family gets water…a hungry child is fed…a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
The purpose of the Operations Centre Coordinator, is to have full operational management of the Operations Centre at the National Office. He/She will manage the day to day functionality of the Operations Centre, be the direct focal point/manager in-charge of managing all journey, incident, medical and communications management. Organizational security and the mitigation of operational risks for ministry effectiveness by establishing security systems and mechanisms for institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of staff safety and security across Ethiopia.
Strategy & Planning
- Manage all staff safety systems and procedures to assist, mitigate and manage security risks within WVE operation areas.
- Focal point for all the field security officers and security focal persons in country, across Ethiopia.
- Full operational control of the Operations Centre, manage and coordinate any security related incidents.
- Promote high level staff safety practices & mechanisms.
- Identify barriers to communications & access barriers/gaps, whilst supporting field management to develop strategies.
- Develop & maintain internal maps on safe, insecure, and access constraint areas.
- Strive to continue high capacity deliverables of WVE’s security structure, and methods across the region.
- Provide technical input and advice on context analysis to the CSM & SSOM.
- Operational coordination and liaison
- Work with the CSM & SSOM to carry out Security Risk Assessments as required/directed.
- Assist with establishing, reviewing and updating the Country Risk Ratings.
- Assist with implementing the Core Security Requirements, ensuring it is in line with Country Risk Ratings.
- Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents.
- Contribute to the development and continuous updating of the WVE HISSCAM system.
- Support the assessment and analysis of the civil-military environment in order to contribute to formulation and implementation of the CMCoord strategy and action plan.
- Develop & maintain vehicle tracking systems, movement planners and coordination with all staff, providing advice as required.
- Provide live, tangible updates to CSM, SSOM & SLT members as required.
- Networking and External Liaison/Engagement
- Represent WV at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination.
- Capacity Building and Technical Training
- Coordinate the assessment, development and implementation of the national office capacity building plan for security management based on local security risk assessments.
- Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
- Reporting and Documentation
- Provide daily context analysis.
- Assist the SSOM in the production of weekly security report to the SLT & staff across the region.
- Provide staff safety solutions to SLT and staff in the field, as required.
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately. Produce all WV Advisories & Directives.
- Collect, process and manage all journey management for all staff across the region.
- Maintain all communication systems within the Operations Centre.
- Manage Bulk SMS mechanism to inform all staff if changes in context, incidents etc.
- Adherence with WVI policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree social sciences or in relevant fields. Police/Law Enforcement Training.
- Confirmed employmentof the security coordinator is contingent on him/her passing the HEAT training course within 90 days of employment or approved OCS equivalent(probation period) At least three (3) years’ experience in a proven security field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors).Choose appropriat
- Strategic / Managerial
- Experience in operating in high security risk environment/ armed conflict situations. Good knowledge of ICT/computer usage is required
- Ability to communicate well in English and Amharic (verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis situation. Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training. Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation) Valid Passport and Driver License First Aid qualified
- Practical knowledge of tools, mechanisms and procedures for personal and organizational security. Professional – behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values.
List Additional Work Experience Preferred For This Position.
- Minimum (2) years’ experience working with UN Agency / NGO plus field security experience. Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management.
- This position requires regular travel between NO and field based offices and programming areas.
- International travel may also be required.
- Non-standard work hours due to the nature of the security occurrences – may be asked outside of normal office hours.