Job Title: Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment Clinical Advisor
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Line Manager: Director, Regional Program Implementation Department
Reporting to the Director of Regional Program Implementation Department, the Pediatric HIV care and treatment clinical Advisor will provide technical support in the planning and implementation of family centered pediatrics and adolescent programs at FMOH, RHBs and ICAP-supported facilities. In addition he/she will be responsible for the planning, coordination and providing overall direction for the Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment programming as well as providing strong leadership to a team of implementers working with the facilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
As advisor of the Pediatric HIV care and treatment program of ICAP – CU in Ethiopia, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
· Provide technical assistance at national level in the implementation of pediatric HIV care and treatment and adolescent peer program
· Provide technical assistance to the FMoH and RHBs in developing/updating different guidelines, working formats, job aids ,client education materials and monitoring and evaluation tools
· In collaboration with FMoH, organize and provide/facilitate TOT on adolescent /pediatric part of the comprehensive HIV care and treatment for RHB,zonal and facility staff
· Participate in joint supportive supervision with RHBs and hospital based mentors
· Support capacity building of staffs in the health care system at Regional and Zonal level
· Prepare pediatric work plan with targeted benchmark indicators
· Provide technical assistance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Pediatrics/Adolescent programs of ICAP supported Regional Health Bureaus
· Support RHBs to facilitate Adolescent & Pediatrics related training and monitor the quality
· Support RHBs to ensure the implementation of adolescent & Pediatrics minimum package in ICAP supported heath networks
· Participate 3 weeks per month in clinical systems mentorship and supportive supervision related activities at the RHBs and supported facilities
· Review ICAP regional offices monthly Adolescent & Pediatrics performance and provide feedback
· Support capacity building of ICAP regional staff in adolescent & Pediatrics support to RHBs
· Take a lead in the roll out and implementation of New pediatrics HIV prevention ,care and treatment initiatives
· Ensure that all Pediatrics related targets are met
· Represent ICAP-Ethiopia in different forums when assigned by the supervisor
· Present and participate actively in monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual ICAP performance review meetings.
· Compiles monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity reports
· Perform others duties assigned by the supervisor
- Medical Doctor and Specialty in pediatrics and child health
- Five (5) years of experience in implementation of Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment programs
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, organizing and conducting training.
- Experience in development of national documents related to pediatrics HIV/AIDS Programs
- Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer skills (MS Office and statistical packages)
How to Apply
- Only online applications are received
- Click here to apply https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/493832/pediatric-hiv-care-and-treatment-clinical-advisor
- NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Closing date for receiving applications is – February 21, 2021.