Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Procurement Assistant for Country Office who will be reporting to the Procurement Manager .
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Assist Procurement Process of PIE (60%)
- Assist the Procurement Unit in the distribution of RFQs and Collection of Bids, collection of samples of materials from suppliers, distribution of purchase orders and contracts, collection of purchased materials and delivery to store and make sure the organization receive exactly what was ordered from suppliers
Assist Procurement Team (30%)
- Assist the procurement team in preparing PR, PO, maintaining procurement documents and filling and other activities in relation with procurement
Perform Additional Duties (10%)
- Effectively handle any relevant assignments assigned by the supervisor and support other team member
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Leadership and BUSINESS management COMPETENCIES
- Courageous in taking a lead, focused on Plan International’s purpose and making the most effective contribution within my own work context.
- Behave in line with our values and safeguarding practices, inside and outside work.
- Challenge own attitudes, unconscious bias and behavior and speaks up when they see wrong doing, especially by those who use their power over others to create fear or abuse.
- Understand and adhere to the policies, processes, practices and standards relevant to own work and keeps their knowledge and skills up to date.
- Honest and efficient in use of resources, including own time.
- Take responsibility for own performance and development: reflecting; seeking and listening to feedback; learning from mistakes; finding people or resources to help them learn.
- Constructive and optimistic in facing setbacks, challenges and change, using own initiative to analyze issues and improve things.
- Good team player, communicating effectively and being open and supportive towards those around them.
BUSINESS management COMPETENCIES
- Understand relevant sectoral context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan’s purpose, values, and global strategy
- Manage legal and reputational risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety and Security
- Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organising, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation and programme and project management
- Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing, and digital working, including personal digital skills
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education at Diploma level in relevant fields of studies
- 2 (two) years relevant work experience in a similar position
- Valid 3rd grade or above Driver’s License with no history of major accidents within the last 3 (three) years
- Good understanding of markets places in Addis Ababa
- Good driving record
- Experience in other Logistics areas and/or Office Administration is desired
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of local languages is a desirable
The closing date for the application is April 12, 2021 .
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.