- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
About CRS : “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Program Manager I – MEAL
Duty Station: CRS/Addis Ababa Office
Requered no: 1
Employment Term: Indefinite term contingent upon funding of the program
Reports To: Deputy Head of Programing – MEAL, Planning & System
Application Deadline: September 23, 2019
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Country Program (CP) Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning programming, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of all new and existing projects within the CP Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, MEAL Policies and Procedures, donor guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Effectively manage talent for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Coordinate the development of program learning – identify opportunities for learning, research, and publications in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning and implementation of MEAL policies and procedures. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Ensure the integration of innovations and best practices.
- Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure the growth of the CP Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning sector portfolio in line with the agency, regional, and CP Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning strategic priorities. Serve as the technical lead and technical writer of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning a part to ensure quality proposals as per agency and donor standards. Contribute to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning budgeting and staffing plans and activities for proposals.
- Coordinate technical assistance and capacity-strengthening activities in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
- Coordinate the identification, assessment, and strengthening of partnerships relevant to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
- Ensure timely and appropriate Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources. Ensure sound Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning financial resource allocation and application exist on projects
Education and Experience
- MA/BA Degree in Social or Natural Sciences like Social Work/Sociology/Psychology/Economics, Statistics/Project Management…
- 6 years of relevant experience for 2 nd Degree or 9 years or relevant experience for 1 st Degree of which 4 years managerial experience.
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality technical proposals.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations
- MEAL skills and experience
- Exposure to ICT4D
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Experience using statistical software like SPSS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
How to Apply
Please enter via fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline , September 23, 2019 .
Applications should be submitted by September 23, 2019 up to 5:00 PM , late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for written exam/interview.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.