Amref Health Africa
TITLE: Project officer
Required Number: One (1)
he Project Officer, Will oversees the planning, co-ordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Trachoma project in Somali region in particular the TT backlog clearance. The project officer is responsible for overall Trachoma project implementation. Specifically, responsible for application of the WHO recommended SAFE strategy planning, execution, organization, and follow-up to contribute the elimination of blinding trachoma and strengthen the health system in Somali region
Place of Assignmnet: Somali region, Jijiga
REPORTS TO : NTD and Eye Care-Program Manager
SUPERVISES: Project assistances and Driver
· In collaboration with project staff and regional, zonal and Woreda staff, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the SAFE implementation in the project areas.
· Coordinates stakeholders and play an active role in the development of annual operational plans and quarter action plans of Trachoma Project of the region by Woredas. He/She is also responsible to lead the scheduling and sequencing of the planned activities in consultation with partners.
- Manage project resources (human, financial and property) and coordinate, supervise and provide technical support to the project staff for satisfactory and timely implementation of the planned projects activities;
· Play a coordination role towards the elimination of TT by engaging all partners working at Zonal and Woreda levels to ensure the project is contributing to the trachoma elimination interventions. It is the role of the project officer to lead the MDA Campaign and the TT surgery service provision maintained to reach the elimination targets using static and outreach approaches in the region.
· Provide programmatic and technical guidance and direction to TT Surgery team that include Project assistances and driver as well as the government health sector focal points.
· Prepare innovative concepts and provide detail documents on existing challenges with resolutions focusing to improvement of overall Trachoma intervention in the region.
· Identify project risks wherever they exist and manage them as agreed.
· Lead and facilitate timely submission of monthly, quarterly, annual and any other reports of projects to the SRHB, Amref Health Africa national team and the donor.
· Work closely with the country office M&E team to implement the use of Monitoring,
· Evaluation & Learning (MEL) systems and processes that measure and demonstrate programs’ performance & strategic impact and promote evidence-based decision-making.
· Ensure the program quality through surgical quality audit, surgical outcome assessment joint supportive supervision and data verification approaches in consultation with the supervisor to ensure the program quality assurance.
· Support capacity building of partner staff in collaboration with Program team on use of monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning systems/tools.
· Contribute to the development of quality assurance and monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, including baseline data, aimed at improving the quality and quantity of the service delivery of trachoma elimination projects in Somali.
· Accountable for development and submission of timely high quality and analytical progress reports (narrative and financial) of the project.
· Maintain updated / analyzed project data for sharing and learning
· Document and share innovation, best practices and/or case studies that demonstrate progress towards achieving project objectives through formal reports and relevant formal and/or informal platforms.
Partnership, Advocacy and Representation
· Aiming at getting support for productive project management, the officer will establish strong relationship with key partners and stakeholders to eliminate blinding trachoma from the Somali region. The key partners include the Somali RHB, ZHD, WoHOs, IECWs, PHCUs, BoFED and others
· Conduct advocacy, including raising trachoma as a public health issue and build support for Amref Health Africa’s trachoma elimination programs
· Work with partner organizations to identify issues that require advocacy interventions and facilitate necessary linkages/networks to support trachoma elimination programs
· Support partner organizations to identify issues that require advocacy interventions and facilitate linkages and networks
Financial and Resource Management
· Prepare annual financial budgets per Woreda and monitor expenditure against these,
· Ensure financial output is in line with the program delivery and justify if any deviation from the expected level.
Compliance and Reporting
· In coordination with the Project team, provides leadership, coordination and guidance to Regional and Woreda Health Offices NTD team for the timely development of annual work plans and reports (quarterly, annual) ensuring high quality and in conformity to organizational and donor requirements.
· Ensure effective communication and conflict resolution mechanisms that promotes teamwork performance
· Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues, while strengthening intra and Inter departmental collaboration for efficiency
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ophthalmic nurse, senior certified IECW (who have degree with others health related). Master degree will be a plus.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in implementing eye care services in particular Trachoma (strong understanding and demonstration of the TT surgery)
- Experience on blindness prevention, trachoma, and/or preventive ophthalmology is an advantage
- Experience and skill on performing TT surgery.
SKILLS AND ATTITUDES:
- Ability and self-discipline to work with minimum or no supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written);
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & MS Outlook) and the Internet;
- Able to interact and manage people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Can foster an open trusting work environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team-driven environment
- Accepts accountability for work assigned and performed
- Supports a customer-centered approach to programs, services, and systems
- Willing to travel to the field extensively
How to Apply
If you are Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/project-officer-jijiga/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be April 10, 2022 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.