- Company: ICAP
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
JOB TITLE: Qualitative Data Collectors for immunization service and COVID-19 survey
LOCATION: Addis Ababa and Oromia
REQUIRED NUMBER: 16
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract for 2 Months
POSITION SUMMARY :
The qualitative data collectors will work closely with the Qualitative Research Advisor to prepare for, schedule, and conduct interviews, and focus groups with key stakeholders at Addis Ababa and Oromia. The qualitative data collector will be responsible for transcribing and cleaning completed interviews (verbatim) and cleaning notes. Data collection will be scheduled in coordination with the Qualitative Research Advisor. We are looking for someone who has significant experience conducting qualitative data collection (interviews, and focus groups) data) with a range of different stakeholders, with a preference for experience in the field of immunization and/or health system in Ethiopia. He/she will maintain all procedures of data quality and ethical requirements including screening of eligible study participant, arranging convenient interview and FGD settings, obtaining consents, conducting excellent interviews and FGDs and proper management of audio records.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in data collection training, including pilot to test and tailor data collection tools
- Conduct quality key informant interviews (KII) with district, zonal, and regional health managers and HCWs as per the protocol
- Conduct quality focus group discussions (FGD) with caregivers of children 6-59 months old as per the protocol
- Properly audio record the interviews and FGDs
- Transcribe the audio records from local language to English;
- Properly utilize equipment’s for qualitative data collection;
- Collect and manage data files (interview and focus group transcripts and recordings) as per the protocol; transcribe and clean interviews in a timely manner
- Regularly communicate and coordinate with Qualitative Research Advisor and rest of survey team to ensure data collection progresses smoothly
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EPEREIENCE REQUIRED
· MPH or MSc degree in a health related field (nursing, health officer or midwifery).
· Ability to organize assignments and work independent of frequent supervision
· Experience in previous qualitative data collection.
· Ability to communicate in local language(s) is required
· Proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic or Oromiffa
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills in English and knowledge of at least more than one local language (Amharic or Oromifa) is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit.
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail.