Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Administration Manager
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Adama
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Indefinite Period
Reports To: Operations Manager
Application Deadline: February 2, 2021
Jo b Summary:
You will support Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) activities operating through its sub-office in Adama to ensure implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Out of the Adama sub-office you will ensure the development and effective management of operational systems and resources and support the delivery of high-quality programming in coordination with the CRS main office in Addis Ababa.
Manager and Monitor day-to-day operations to ensure operational services (HR, Fleet, Procurement, Finance, Admin, ICT, staff safety and security) are delivered with high quality in an efficient manner and adhere to policies, including property and procurement management. Manage risk and address challenges that affect the proper stewardship, optimal utilization and maintenance of Adama based program assets and resources (financial, human, and material).
Manage planning and implementation of all key activities at the sub-office level ensuring alignment with Country Program (CP), CRS Agency and donor strategic programming and operations excellence priorities and standards.
Manage or coordinate management/administrative operations functions in the field office – systems, processes and staffing – that meet CRS’ standards, donor requirements, and local regulations and that are in support of high-quality programming.
Serve as the security focal point for Adama field office. Proactively manage security and mitigate security risks. Ensure a safe work and living environment through leading implementation of safety and security protocols and staff care and well-being best practices.
Effectively manage talent and supervise any Adama based admin and operations staff. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity. Contribute to staffing plans and recruitment process of Shashemene based Finance and Administrative staff.
Manage all Adama based team dynamics and staff well-being – Program staff as well as Operations.
In collaboration with the PDP Manager and Operations Manager, strengthen existing relationships with local partners, government, and vendors.
Proactively and effectively manage resources and promote stewardship, ensuring program and operations teams have and optimize the appropriate human, financial, and material resources and tools.
As and when required, support Addis based project staff efforts to ensure high-quality project implementation, management, and compliance with programmatic standards, policies and procedures- through Adama based field officers.
Manage the CRS and any rental vehicles assigned to the CRS office in Adama to ensure that the vehicles are regularly serviced and kept in optimal running condition. Ensure that individual files are maintained for each vehicle and required regular fleet reports are submitted on time.
Create and maintain the proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. In consultation with Addis based staff, help identify capacity strengthening needs for staff and coordinate with CRS Ethiopia program and operations teams to address capacity strengthening.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree or BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or relevant Development field. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience for Master’s degree holders or 6 years work relevant work experience for BA degree holders in a non-profit, development, and/or humanitarian organization with progressive responsibilities and reasonable project administration experience. Experience with an international organization a plus.
- Experience working with projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Experience in stakeholder management and establishing and strengthening community partnerships.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Knowledge of fleet, finance, procurement and general office administrative/management issues
- Skillful in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Able to live in an environment where everyday comforts may not be readily available.