ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position : Regional Driver
Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station (s): Tigray
Required Number: Two
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline : August 26, 2019
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Regional Drivers are responsible for the operation of all projects and operation various vehicles and for the safe and orderly transportation of passengers and goods to and from their destination. Work includes completion of daily inspection of vehicle status, fueling, weekly and monthly reports, interior and exterior cleaning of vehicle, maintaining accurate trip records, assisting user team, good communication skill, available at any time and any other related duties as assigned by the Regional Transport and Mechanics Specialist.
- Inspect the vehicle daily prior to beginning route.
- Follow a prescribed checklist in reviewing the vehicle’s operational and safety features; records all repair needs/problems on checklist and report findings requiring immediate attention to mechanic.
- Completes check of all fluids and maintains proper level
- Maintain the cleanliness inside and outside of transit vehicle as required
- Maintains accurate daily trip logs and provides necessary data.
- Completes all records daily and follows reporting procedures as required
- Uses sound and email judgment in following dispatch instructions, being able to recognize, create, and follow logical sequences for pickup and drop-off of passengers in an efficient manner.
- Able to operate communication devices and keep regular contact with Dispatcher
- Observes all traffic laws, especially those related to public transportation; ensures that all passengers wear seat belts, mobility aids are properly secured and follow safety regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of passenger information
- Ability to drive a variety of passenger vehicles, including but not limited to vans, minivans, conversion vans, hardtop, automobiles, that may be diesel, gasoline.
- Must follow emergency procedures as instructed by Regional Transport and Mechanics Specialist.
- High school diploma in Auto mechanics & Valid minimum of 3 rd grade driving license
- Must be able to accept and follow detailed instruction
- Must be with at least 3 years driving experience, with a good driving record
- Must be able to perform all duties associated with operating a vehicle
- Economical driving skill and good backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good skill in driving and safely and properly handling vehicle and goods.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, relationship-building, and negotiation skills, especially when developing / maintaining contacts and working with staff within and outside the Agency.
- Willingness and experience in travelling to different parts of the country.
- Good interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Good command of written and spoken English and Amharic
- Good Computer skills
- Innovative and problem-solving skills and capacity to deliver under pressure.
- Strong people and client relationship skills
- High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV ( maximum 3 pages) at http://apply.ata.gov.et
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.