Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The five-year READ II project, funded by USAID, will boost the quality of literacy instruction and student support, reaching out to children at risk of failure and dropout caused by cognitive, emotional and physical effects of hunger, violence, and displacement. READ II seeks to better equip teachers with effective early grade reading instruction techniques and materials in seven mother-tongue languages and English, while simultaneously building a culture of reading in the school, home and community.
The Regional Logistics Officer is responsible for efficient and effective administration and coordination of all regional office logistics and operational activities for the assigned regional office. This includes ensuring that proper logistics, administration, and office management are in place according to established Creative’s policies and procedures.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Regional Logistics Officer will report to the Regional Director and closely coordinates with the Logistics Manager, IT Coordinator, Procurement Manager and HR Manager in the Central Office.
- Serve as the main point of contact with regards to operational activities eg. regional training facilitation, procurement, inventory, logistics, security and HR-related issues within the region
- In close coordination with the Operations department (Addis), manage the regional procurement, maintenance, and inventory of office-related goods and services
- Conducts coordination of vehicles and drivers and provides oversight of vehicle logs, vehicle maintenance; identifies vehicle needs and reviews driver timesheets.
- Oversee and ensure regular and appropriate maintenance, servicing, checks and use of vehicles, log books, spare tyres, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Responsible for procurement process of the regional office by working closely with the Procurement Manager in Addis Ababa.
- Assist in organizing trainings/workshops; ensuring venues are appropriate and booked; and ensuring lodging for participants and facilitators.
- Ensure that all fast-moving stock items are replaced in a timely manner ensuring continuity of supplies
- Maintain and update database of trainings/workshops, and participants sponsored by the Project and report as required.
- Assist staff within the regional office in completing time sheets and submit to HR office in Addis Ababa.
- Keep track of staff annual leave in close communication with the HR team in Addis Ababa.
- Develop and maintain filing system (both electronic and hard copies).
- Other tasks as assigned.
- BA degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics or a related field;
- At least 4 years of general experience, preferably with a donor-funded project.
- Must have at least two years of specific experience administration, logistics, ICT, or a related field;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Fluency in Somali and English languages.
How to ApplyCreative invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via [email protected] on or before January 2, 2021. Please make sure to indicate the JOB TITLE you’re applying for in the subject line of your email. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Applications should consist of a one-page cover letter and updated curriculum vitae a maximum of three pages with 3 professional references, the persons’ telephone number & email address.