- Company: Webuild
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Benishangul Gumuz
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ethiopia
Webuild, Salini Impregilo’s new name, is an industrial Group specialized in the construction of large works and large complex infrastructure for the sustainable mobility, clean hydro energy, clean water and green buildings sectors.
The resource, in addition to the RSPP tasks, will support the HSE Manager in implementing the project’s Safety Management System (SGS), as per contractual requirements and company standards.
- Collaborating in detecting OHS dangers, assessing risks and defining prevention and protective measures connected to activities/plants/processes.
- Identifying HSE training needs according to the risk assessment process results, the contractual requirements and the local regulations, while also promoting worker information and training programs;
- Collaborating in drafting contractual documentation, particularly operational control procedures;
- Ensuring the systematic assessment of the adequacy of the project’s SMSs (Safety Management Systems), and checking its effective implementation by executing inspections and audits;
- Participating during the investigation of accidents, carrying out analyses, identifying the causes and the ACs, monitoring that they are implemented and assessing that they are effective. Drawing-up the relevant reports and lessons learned;
- Monitoring the project’s HSE performance, collaborating in preparing HSE reports and documentation;
- Providing support, for what is relevant to his/her area of responsibility, to the Procurement Department, during the bid requests for subcontracts, assessing if the relevant SMSs (Safety Management Systems) are suitable, for the HSE contractual and company requirements.
- 5 years of experience at this job
- Civil Engineering University Degree or equivalent
- Experience in the construction sector is preferred
- Must have: the Italian “Responsabile del Servizio di Prevenzione e Protezione (RSPP) – Macrosettore 3” qualification;
- Qualified as 45001 (also OHSAS 18001) internal auditor;
- Experienced in dams/hydroelectric projects;
- Good knowledge of plants, machinery and personal protective equipment
- Knowledge of risk analysis and assessment techniques
- Good knowledge of the main IT software, particularly of Word and Excel
- Proficient in English.
The ideal candidate must also have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work in teams, and a flexible, results-orientated approach