Duties and responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of the Admin/Finance Officer, the Senior Compound Assistant will undertake the following tasks.
- Manage the accommodation facilities by assigning rooms to guests and maintain a list of guests in the compound;
- Do online booking in WFP Global accommodation platform as and when required, confirm bookings in the platform and assign rooms.
- Prepare monthly accommodation bills for rent deduction for staff members and accommodation bills for the guest accommodated in UNHCR guesthouse;
- Coordinate with relevant staff on status /condition of AC units, water and electricity and liaise with relevant technician to ensure timely maintenance and servicing of the equipment
- Follow up and ensure that repairs and maintenance of rooms, houses and facilities are done on a timely manner, electrical, plumbing, A/Cs repairs and carpentry work so as not to inconvenient residents;
- Monitor daily attendance and prepare monthly attendance of guesthouse staff.
- Supervise all cleaners within the compounds and ensure the compound is properly cleaned and garden maintained.
- Maintain records of all items procured for the Compound.
- Coordinate/make updated inventory of all assets provided to the houses/rooms and submit periodic inventory reports.
- Manage a team of Compound maintenance supervisors throughout the duration of the contract.
- Delegate responsibilities to Compound cleaning supervisor based on the needs of the staff members, project coordination in the compound.
- Coordinate high profile missions and the activities in the compound.
- Place tables, chairs, plants and décor for meetings and mission as and when need/requested;
- Organize the compound storage spaces and facilities, making sure of the use FIFO methods are followed for all perishable goods as per storage policy and procedure;
- Assist with any special V.I.P needs, when the mission is in the compound;
- Development of the annual workplan based on compound development priorities.
- Development of compound management standards to be agreed upon by management.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Management as and when required.
- 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor in Business administration , Management and Accounting or equivalent or higher.
- Competencies as defined in Job Profile
- Knowledge of English language is required.
How to Apply
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
An eliminatory or complementary written test for shortlisted candidates may be conducted which will be followed by competency-based interview.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be nationals of the country and be locally recruited within the country of their employment.
The closing date for submission of applications is on Tuesday 08/06/2021 (Mid-night Ethiopian time).
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through :