RTI International is an international, independent not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services that meet the highest standards of professional performance.
Act to End NTDs | East is a five year cooperative agreement through which RTI supports national neglected tropical disease (NTD) programs to reach WHO NTD control and elimination goals through proven, cost-effective public health interventions which span the regions of Oromia, Tigray, Beneshangul-Gumuz and Gambella.
The Senior Driver based in Addis Ababa will be responsible for driving Act to End NTDs|East project staff, consultants and other visitors;. He/she will be responsible for proper maintenance and management of the vehicle. He/She will also perform routine logistics activities as shall be assigned by the supervisor. The position requires driving well, punctuality and maintaining good working relationships with all project / office personnel.
- Provide reliable and safe driving service by driving RTI vehicle as assigned by the Logistic Officer:
- Drive assigned means of transport for the transport of RTI Staff and authorized clients and visitors.
- Ensure proper use of vehicle and assistance in preparing vehicle history report.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Read and understand specific vehicle/vessel operating manual for operations safety appropriately
- Obey traffic rules and coordinate with authorities to facilitate smooth vehicle/vessel movements.
- Produce weekly records of mileage traveled and tonnage moved.
- Identify any apparent problems during field deliveries and report them to the appropriate personnel.
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc;
- Arrange for repairs and scheduled maintenance of the vehicle as per manufacturer’s suggested schedule
- Ensure that all regulations are followed in case of an accident and that required paperwork is submitted
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Pick up and deliver shipments and documents as assigned;
- Identify apparent insecurity during driving operations and report to security focal person.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all project / office personnel;
- Perform other related routine logistics tasks as required.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- High School complete or vocational training and 2 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
- Valid driving license with basic skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Basic computer skills
- High sense of responsibility and trustworthy
- Good knowledge of current in country roads conditions
- Ability to appreciate diversity at the workplace
- Ability to fluently communicate in both verbally and written English and Amharic languages.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
RTI invites eligible candidates to indicate their interest in the position no later than August 18, 2019. Applications should consist of a letter, detailed curriculum vitae, supporting credentials and 3 professional references, including your professional relationship with that person, the person’s telephone number and an email address.
Successfully candidates is expected to start immediately.
Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or through P.O.BOX: 21054/1000 Main Post Office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or hand deliver to: RTI Office, Mafi City Mall, 5th floor, Room # 501, (Bole in front of Bole Medhanialem Church) with the position title on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note:
RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/