International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK: (Essential functions, quality/quantity expected list of marginal duties and number of national/and or expat staff supervised
·· Manage the technical aspects of the CMAM program and ECD/IYCF including staff and budget management.
· Assess the training needs of the CMAM and IMAM with team and conduct/ request for training as appropriate by preparing TOR
· Assist in nutrition surveys, which includes logistics, cluster sampling, organization of the teams, survey methodology,
· Ensure that the OTP, TSFP and SC teams have all food and equipment that they require for each distribution.
· Develop detail action plan and ensure effective implementation of nutrition component in line with the existing donor approved project document in collaboration with other project staff and stakeholders.
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism at health facilities and community level.
· Provide ongoing feedback for supervisors, recognizing and praising success and pointing out failures
· Write weekly/monthly/quarterly and final comprehensive and high-quality project progress reports for immediate supervisor
· Facilitate the mainstreaming of child protection, gender and GBV during project implementation, and monitoring.
· Prepare detail success story on what the project brings as a change in comparison with the previously conducted baseline survey.
· Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
· Coordinate and lead community engagement and mobilization activities for nutrition purpose and by facilitating community outreach program
· Design and facilitate community mobilization/sensitization campaigns in collaboration with Zonal and Woreda CMAM and IYCF officer and government staffs.
· Supervise the activities of community nutrition volunteers on location to ensure communities are sensitized to the program as quickly as possible.
· Identify report and provide on-the-job training to staff members related to community mobilization part of CMAM.
· Orientate community nutrition volunteer, community health extension workers and health worker on community mobilization part of CMAM.
· Ensure community nutrition volunteers clearly understand admission criteria to the CMAM program and inform their communities and any careers of the children that they refer their need to attend the SC, OTP/SFP for further measurements that will determine finally if the child will be admitted to the program for treatment.
· Provide ongoing training for community nutrition volunteers and care givers about the program, both whilst present at the OTP/TSFP site and through occasional workshop day.
· Collaborate with other program sectors in sharing information and ideas ensuring that the implementation of the nutrition program complements other emergency and development activities within the program.
· Provide technical support and training where required to all team members.
· Generate ideas to strengthen the development of the nutrition unit.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
· Ability to cope with stress; hardship; patience and flexibility.
· Ability to effectively work with government, community leaders, international/national organizations, donors, partners and other International Medical Corps relationships.
· Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English. Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office, Email and other computer applications
· Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with colleagues in course of work.
· Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to read, analyse and interpret data and familiarity with nutrition surveys (Coverage, standard and KAP surveys).
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability and willingness to travel and work in areas where the project is implemented
· Demonstrated experience and skills in ensuring community participation and gender issues in humanitarian programming
· Prepare detailed implementation plan and share with all woreda base staffs
· Ensure implementation of all health planned activities upon expected quality and schedule at all levels.
· Follow up of project implementation through organizing regular update
· Represent IMC in any meeting organized at project site.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Training/education/experience/physical demands required; provide 6-8 requirements)
· ü Degree in nutrition or nursing or public health with 3 years of experience or diploma in nutrition or nursing or public health with 5 years of experience-
ü Renewed MoH professional license is important
ü Training on IMAM and revised national guideline for management of acute malnutrition
ü Experience of facilitation of training and review meetings
ü Fluent in written and spoken English language
ü Knowledge of local language to the respective area
ü Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
ü Ensure that IMC’s emergency nutrition project and approach is in line with policies and strategies of the Government of Ethiopia’s as well
How to Apply
How to Apply
you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at [email protected] .
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should send application letter and CV by clearly stating the position that you are applying for through www.ethiojobs.net on OR before November 29, 2021.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com . Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.