- Company: Last Mile Health
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Healthcare/Medical Jobs in EthiopiaProject Management Jobs in Ethiopia
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we work to deploy a health worker within reach for everyone, everywhere. Are you a high-performing professional with a record of supporting clinical education for frontline health workers and strengthening health systems leadership? If so, you might be our next Senior Program Manager Ethiopia.
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing program design, implementation, and government engagement for LMH Ethiopia activities, ensuring the successful and technically sound completion of LMH-Ethiopia’s Objectives and Key Results. This role will be based in Addis Ababa and will provide close support to the Director of Programs to ensure that LMH Ethiopia programs are aligned with LMH-Ethiopia country strategy and Ministry of Health (MOH) priorities.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Senior Program Manager will play a critical role by liaising with stakeholders across Ethiopia and closely managing engagements with the Ministry of Health and Regional Health Bureaus. The ideal candidate will have strong project and relationship management skills and the experience and capability to work across multiple program areas including but not limited to, capacity building, digital health, digital education, primary health care programming, and government engagement.
This position is only open to candidates who are located in and authorized to work in Ethiopia.
What You’ll Do
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with MOH counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge and active participation in technical working groups.
- Provide oversight on the execution of engagements with MOH and Regional Health Bureaus, inclusive of stakeholder management, project management, and knowledge management for activities.
- Support external relationship management in partnership with the Director of Programs and Country Director, including regular communications, presentations, and thought partnership.
- Provide technical support for the execution of the LMH-Ethiopia country strategy.
- Provide technical management on the implementation of upskill efforts including leading instructional design and digitization of training curricula. Support the adaptation, localization, and digitalization of blended learning curriculum for Health Extension Workers.
- Plan and execute dissemination of evidence on digital and blended learning approaches for the training of Health Extension Workers..
- Design and execute the scale up strategy for a blended in-service training model for Health Extension Workers.
- Create key strategy documents and briefs for stakeholder engagement as well as ongoing advocacy, policy, and learning.
- Assess and research national and regional health systems needs that would continuously inform LMH-Ethiopia strategy and engagement with the MOH
- Research new and emerging evidence and thinking on community health system design and delivery to help position LMH at the forefront of theory and practice in community health programming.
What You’ll Bring
- A masters’ degree in public health with significant work experience focused on clinical education for frontline health workers and/or management practices for health systems leaders
- Demonstrated experience in using web-based or digital platforms for delivering education content
- Experience working alongside government partners and operational partners in the implementation of health programs
- Ability to lead training facilitation and delivery, curriculum design, and instructional design
- Experience in business development in the non-profit or private sector
- Strong relationship building and management skills
- Knowledge of effective clinical practices for frontline health workers and management practices for health systems leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of the use of digital platforms for clinical education
- Understanding of designing/adapting curriculum for digitization
- Experience working in international settings
- A commitment to health equity and social justice
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have a clinical-focused degree preferred (MD, DNP, MSN, PhD, etc)
- You have past experience working in and/or developing a social enterprise
- You have existing relationships with relevant health and education sector partners