Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the Senior Fleet Officer is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all transport, fleet, and equipment management functions for IRC’s office location. The position will also be responsible for the standardization of policies and good fleet management practices across all the field sites and will require regular travel to provide technical support to the field-based fleet management staff.
A. Travel Services
· Support the development of travel policies procedures and programs and ensure compliance in all aspects of travel procedures
· Handle Travel Requisition Process, including oversight of all travel arrangements and operations
· Manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors
· Participate in Travel service Provider Sourcing and negotiating contracts or rates with travel service providers
· Provide advice on travel documents, insurance, import/export regulations etc.
· Drive continuous improvement of travel programs
· Manage Travel Contracts to ensure compliance with contract service level agreements (SLA)
B. Logistics Management
· Work with the Fleet Manager to analyses operational / programmed needs for transport and plan appropriate fleet size;
· Prepare an annual fleet plan (including budget needed) and a vehicle disposal / replacement plan;
· Prepare and manage Fleet movement plans including Vehicle scheduling and Requisition process
· Ensure the implementation of IRC fleet management standards;
· Managing HF and VHF radios to ensure that they are in a serviceable condition
· Ensure that Customs clearance procedures are effectively coordinated and concluded
C. Vehicle management
· Ensure that vehicles are properly registered and have TPL insurance according to the rules and regulations of the country;
· Establish mechanisms to check that vehicles are roadworthy at regular intervals;
· Ensure timely and effective Vehicle Maintenance and repair management by identifying quality garages, supporting establishment of contracts with pre-approved garages, establishing quality control mechanisms, and undertaking performance reviews at a regular basis.
· Oversee and ensure that maintenance has taken place and validate maintenance invoices before payment process;
· Perform Vehicle management cost analysis and suggest improvements to reduce waste and minimize vehicle cost
· Manage vehicle safety by ensuring that safety procedures are adhered to by all vehicle users
· Implement Motor bike Management Process
· Participate in Vehicle and car hire service providers sourcing and negotiating contracts or rates with vehicle hire service providers
· Monitor vehicle fuel consumption and identify innovative ways to reduce fuel consumption;
D. Generator Management
You will make sure:
· Appropriate generators are procured whenever required
· Generator Operation is done in accordance with the operation guidelines and procedures
· Generators are maintained in good working conditions in accordance to IRC generator maintenance and Repair policy
· That generator fuel consumption is well monitored and identify innovative ways to reduce fuel consumption
E. Staff Management and Development:
· Support recruitment and selection and (re) testing of drivers, including testing of drivers’ fitness (written tests and interviews) through the effective utilization of the IRC supply chain competency matrix.
· Ensure each team members' objectives are set following the organizational unit vision as well as operations context(s);
· Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired supply chain staff, in designated countries;
· Assess Fleet and logistics staff competency and training gaps and develop appropriate intervention programmes
The position holder will:
· Report traffic crashes and vehicle incidents and conducts crash investigation to identify the causes and suggest preventative measures;
· Ensure that fleet data such as maintenance and fuel data is captured in the fleet management reports
· Analyze the data, and prepare and submit accurate Fleet and Asset reports to supervisor on time as per donor regulations, including generator performance reporting
Key Working Relationships:
Position directly supervises: Head of Driver
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations and country Supply Chain staff at all levels,
· Education: College degree in transport, logistics operations management or other relevant field
· Work Experience: At least 5 years of work experience in fleet or transport management or logistics in a multi-cultural environment for Diploma Holder, 2 years’ experience for BA, 1 year for Postgraduate.
· Knowledge and effective use of fundamental management concepts, practices, and procedures relative to quality and productivity improvements, training, budgeting and cost control.
· Holder of a valid driving license
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Fluent English written and spoken. Knowledge of French and Arabic is added advantage.
· Competent with using computers, especially Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets and Outlook.
· Strong sense of personal integrity
· Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
· Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Remains productive when under pressure
· Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work
· Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds
How to Apply
How to apply:
ü Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter through IRC career site.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Please include at least 2 references from current and former supervisors.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.