- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
A. Travel ServicesYou will:
· Support the development of travel policies procedures and programs and ensure compliance in all aspects of travel procedures
· Handle Travel Requisition Process, including oversight of all travel arrangements and operations
· Manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors
· Participate in Travel service Provider Sourcing and negotiating contracts or rates with travel service providers
· Provide advice on travel documents, insurance, import/export regulations etc.
· Drive continuous improvement of travel programs
· Manage Travel Contracts to ensure compliance with contract service level agreements (SLA)
B. Logistics ManagementYou will:
· Work with the Fleet Manager to analyses operational / programmed needs for transport and plan appropriate fleet size;
· Prepare an annual fleet plan (including budget needed) and a vehicle disposal / replacement plan;
· Prepare and manage Fleet movement plans including Vehicle scheduling and Requisition process
· Ensure the implementation of IRC fleet management standards;
· Managing HF and VHF radios to ensure that they are in a serviceable condition
· Ensure that Customs clearance procedures are effectively coordinated and concluded
C. Vehicle managementYou will:
· Ensure that vehicles are properly registered and have TPL insurance according to the rules and regulations of the country;
· Establish mechanisms to check that vehicles are roadworthy at regular intervals;
· Ensure timely and effective Vehicle Maintenance and repair management by identifying quality garages, supporting establishment of contracts with pre-approved garages, establishing quality control mechanisms, and undertaking performance reviews at a regular basis.
· Oversee and ensure that maintenance has taken place and validate maintenance invoices before payment process;
· Perform Vehicle management cost analysis and suggest improvements to reduce waste and minimize vehicle cost
· Manage vehicle safety by ensuring that safety procedures are adhered to by all vehicle users
· Implement Motor bike Management Process
· Participate in Vehicle and car hire service providers sourcing and negotiating contracts or rates with vehicle hire service providers
· Monitor vehicle fuel consumption and identify innovative ways to reduce fuel consumption;
D. Generator ManagementYou will make sure:
· Appropriate generators are procured whenever required
· Generator Operation is done in accordance with the operation guidelines and procedures
· Generators are maintained in good working conditions in accordance to IRC generator maintenance and Repair policy
· That generator fuel consumption is well monitored and identify innovative ways to reduce fuel consumption
E. Staff Management and Development:· Support recruitment and selection and (re) testing of drivers, including testing of drivers’ fitness (written tests and interviews) through the effective utilization of the IRC supply chain competency matrix.
· Ensure each team members’ objectives are set following the organizational unit vision as well as operations context(s);
· Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired supply chain staff, in designated countries;
· Assess Fleet and logistics staff competency and training gaps and develop appropriate intervention programmes
F. ReportingThe position holder will:
· Report traffic crashes and vehicle incidents and conducts crash investigation to identify the causes and suggest preventative measures;
· Ensure that fleet data such as maintenance and fuel data is captured in the fleet management reports
· Analyze the data, and prepare and submit accurate Fleet and Asset reports to supervisor on time as per donor regulations, including generator performance reporting
Key Working Relationships:Position directly supervises: Head of Driver
Other Internal and/or external contacts:Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations and country Supply Chain staff at all levels,
· Education: College degree in transport, logistics operations management or other relevant field
· Work Experience: At least 5 years of work experience in fleet or transport management or logistics in a multi-cultural environment for Diploma Holder, 2 years’ experience for BA, 1 year for Postgraduate.
· Knowledge and effective use of fundamental management concepts, practices, and procedures relative to quality and productivity improvements, training, budgeting and cost control.
· Holder of a valid driving license
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: · Fluent English written and spoken. Knowledge of French and Arabic is added advantage.
· Competent with using computers, especially Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets and Outlook.
· Strong sense of personal integrity
· Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
· Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Remains productive when under pressure
· Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work
· Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds