CIFA is an international NGO with over 30 years of commitment in protecting the rights of the most vulnerable categories. Having operated in Ethiopia for over 15 years, CIFA currently works in the migration and environmental protection sectors, supporting the access to primary and secondary education, especially for girls, fighting against the worst forms of discrimination and supporting women’s economic empowerment.
About the project
The project “ CHALLENGES : Support, Training and Entrepreneurship in Dessie, Ethiopia” (CUP: F16J20000120008) is an integrated intervention co-funded by the Italian Ministry of Interior, aimed at mitigating the main threats and consequences of illegal migration, and to improve the living conditions of the categories at greater risks exposure. The project aims at supporting the reintegration of returnees and preventing the illegal depart of unskilled young migrants, while strengthening the capacities of local services targeting unemployed and vulnerable people in Dessie City Administration and Dessie Zuria Wereda, South Wollo Zone, Amhara Region.
The Social worker , based in Dessie City, will be mainly responsible to work on the psychosocial support component of the project. The social worker mainly works on provision of counselling and support services for returnees within the psychosocial support (PSS) team of the project, in coordination with a psychologist and a senior social worker. In addition, in close collaboration with the socio economic team of the project, the social worker is also responsible for the integration of the psychosocial support and the socio economic activities of the project for the comprehensive livelihood improvement of the targeted vulnerable returnees.
- In collaboration with the psychologist and the senior social worker, the SW provides operative psychosocial support for the targeted vulnerable returnees taken in charge by the project
- In collaboration with the psychologist, the SW provides individual and group counseling for vulnerable returnees in the dedicated PSS support center and with outreach programs with the help of CIFA’s operational protocol and tools.
- In collaboration with the psychosocial team of the project, the SW actively participates to the potential target identification, verification, data collection and case management of the project beneficiaries.
- In collaboration with the PSS team, the SW provides follow up and assistance on the reintegration path for project’s beneficiaries
- The SW constantly coordinates with the project PSS project team, remote supporting team, other project teams and potential stakeholders for case referral and other case management and project visibility purposes
- The SW actively participates in the development of a appropriate strategies and tools in addressing the psychosocial needs of returnees
- The SW provides support in the preparation and implementation of case management action plans and individual visits conducted by PSS team
- The SW actively works to insure notable integration between the psychosocial and socio economic actions of the project
- The SW provide returnees with information and referral to other available services
- The SW support with the identification of most vulnerable cases for the assignments of social endowments
- The SW participates In team and supervision meetings
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Position code: PSY_ SW_CHALLENGES
Required profile: Social Worker
Starting date: March 2021
Number of Positions : 1 (one)
- Reports to the Project Coordinator(PC)/Project Manager(PM)
Job contract duration : 1 year renewable based on performance (30 days of probation period).
Salary: the salary will be commensurate with the experience of the selected candidate and according to the organization salary scale.
- B.SC/MSC BA/MA, in psychology, social psychology, sociology, social work and/or other relevant fields
- At least 5 years of psychosocial programming and social work experience
- At least 4 years of mental health, counselling experience
- In depth knowledge of migration sector ,experience of mental health, psychosocial programming in the humanitarian context, services delivery targeting returnees are essential.
- Experiences in working with NGOs, knowledge and working experience in area of intervention.
Language and communications:
- Excellent written and spoken Amharic and English languages are mandatory.
- Ability to work within a team structure, flexible, coping with stressful workloads and working with limited resources.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Coordination, cooperation team building and contributes to the team
- Good partnership and participative approach
- Excellent interpersonal communication and diplomatic skills
- Quality Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation skills
- Data management, documentation and communication skills
- Basic computer skills on MS packages, MS-Word, Excel, Power point, Access, Outlook
- Client Orientation – works effectively with partners and stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving and networking skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements are invited to submit their applications sending motivation letter (maximum 1 page) and CV (maximum 3 pages) to [email protected]
Deadline for the submission: March 7 th , 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.