About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of the CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Tally Clerk
Department: Supply Chain
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Kombolcha
Required Number: Two (4)
Employment Term: Definite Period (1) Year
Reports To: Warehouse Officer
Application Deadline: September 5, 2021
The Talley Clerk will account and maintain revolving support of warehouses and assist warehouse keepers in compliance with CRS and donor (USAID) guidelines. The Talley Clerk is in charge of providing clerical support for warehouse Keepers in receiving, storing and delivering of all food commodities transactions at assigned compound.
The Talley Clerk will be able to support the Logistics Department in its field offices by:
1) Assisting in receiving CRS food commodities and safeguard with proper handling and maintaining minimum warehouse standard at assigned custody.
2) Assisting on dispatching CRS food commodities to different CRS partners according to the allocation and relying to the CRS dispatching procedure.
3) To follow-up the warehouses and compounds are well cleaned and secured with the compliance of CRS procedure in assigned custody.
4) To inspect the quality and quantity of commodities stored in warehouses and during receiving & dispatching of commodities.
Warehouse Management Roles
• Assist in ensuring that trucks are properly covered with tarpaulins and fill in the truck inspection reports before the commencement of offloading.
• Assist the warehouse keeper in scrutinizing waybills to ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality.
• Assist the warehouse keeper during offloading process to make sure that the offloading is properly undertaken.
• Assist in inspection and counting of commodities during offloading before the commodities are accepted in the warehouse.
• Work closely with outsourced cleaning company and ensure that warehouses are kept clean as per CRS/ET standard warehouse management manuals.
• Work closely with the outsourced security company and assist in overseeing the activities and performances of guards.
• Assist in controlling and ensuring proper management of warehouse; for example: proper handling of pallets, empty bags, reconditioning items based on CRS/ET warehouse manuals.
• Assist to make sure that utilities in warehouses and the warehouse premises are working properly and are appropriately utilized.
• Assist the warehouse keeper in briefing the loading and offloading staff on how to stack, handle commodities, first aid and evacuation procedures and support the warehouse keeper to supervise and train casual labor.
• Support the warehouse keeper on the stacking process and count the accuracy of layers of the stack on warehouse and truck’s layers on loading at dispatch.
Recording and guiding Roles
• Assist to ensure that bin cards are put on respective stacks and balance quantities stated on bin cards are equal to the stack and all warehouse documents are in proper place.
• Assist to properly fill the truck inspection form and checked before loading of the commodities.
• Support in making sure that the presence of the surveyor, EFMHACA representatives, customs office delegate as per the commodity type and its importance.
• Assist in checking the shipment information of the operation (Example: operation number, Bill of lading, Vessel Name, Plate number, Custom documents, etc..) and check way bill against plate number and trailer number.
• Assist in checking the shipment condition (example: neatness and quality of commodities)
• Assist in counting commodities in bags, cartons, etc.
• Assist in differentiating loss and excess in separate report as per offloading trucks and differentiating commodity according to BUBD.
• Assist in recording offloading trucks as per the shipment and provide commodity receipt report for the warehouse keeper.
• Attend customs clearing during YSP and Veg. Oil offloading.
• Support the warehouse keeper in segregating suspected unfit commodities.
• Check the warehouse keeper CRF as per his/her count before the truck driver put signature.
• Perform other related duties as required.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.jotform.com/212373550936558 to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, September 5, 2021.
Applications should be submitted by September 5, 2021, up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a written exam/interview.
** Qualified women & persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer