CIFA works to promote the leading role of children and young people all over the world, so that they can become agents of change: for a sustainable future from an environmental, economic and social point of view.
CIFA is an international NGO with over 40 years of commitment in protecting the most vulnerable children. Working in Ethiopia for over 20 years, CIFA supports the access to primary and secondary education, especially for girls; fights against the worst form of discrimination and supports women’s economic empowerment.
Within this context CIFA works in Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa City Administration, Amhara, Hareri and Oromia Region.
The project “CHALLENGES, Support, Training and Entrepreneurship in Dessie, Ethiopia” is an integrated intervention to mitigate the main roots and consequences of illegal migration, and to improve the living conditions of the categories at greater risks exposure. The project aims at supporting the reintegration of returnees and preventing the illegal depart of unskilled young migrants, while strengthening the capacities of local services targeting unemployed and vulnerable people in Dessie City Administration and Dessie Zuria, South Wollo Zone, Amhara Region.
The Project coordinator will be based in Dessie and he/she will report to the Project manager; he/she will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the project manager to ensure the correct implementation of the project within the assigned budget and timeline in accordance with the donors’ and the organization rules, guidelines and policies
- Planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and supervising the implementation of the project activities, ensuring an effective flow of updated data and information of all the project activities to the project manager
- Assist the technical staff through the provision of the necessary technical support to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project’s activities
- Assist the project manager and coordinate the staff in the preparation of complete and punctual narrative and financial reports of the project for the all concerned bodies
- Coordinate project staff ensuring their tasks are fully operated and report to the project manager any issue in this regard
- Ensure the regular and timely collection of performance data against project indicators and update and share of the OVI document with the PM
- Participate in government and donors monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Ensure a constant and punctual communication and information flow to the Project manager on the on-going activities
- Plan, coordinate and provide technical support to socio economic and the psychosocial experts for the effective implementation of the project, to meet the set achievements of the project
- Organize and coordinate regular staff review meetings
- Coordinate review meetings with stakeholders
- Organize and coordinate logistic for field travels and daily movements of the technical staff
- Coordinate the regular (monthly and bi-monthly) production and collection of progress reports and communication materials (articles, photos, videos, notes) on the project and share them with the PM that is going to share with the Country Office and the Communication Dept. at CIFA HQ
- Prepare ToRs for all project activities
- Prepare monthly progress report of the project
- Represent the project manager and CIFA when delegated by him/her
- Any other duty requested by the project manager or the organization related to the project implementation or other organizational needs not listed here.
- Relationships with the local partners and stakeholders on project implementation;
- Participation in cluster meetings and other coordination meetings with local or international stakeholders related to the project intervention if appointed by the project manager, keeping the Project Manager informed and up-to-date.
Job contract duration : 1 year, renewable
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with the experience of the selected candidate and according to the organization salary scale. Range 22,695 – 35,207 ETB/month as basic salary. Vacancy code: PC_CIFA_02-2022
Location : Dessie
Required profile: Project Coordinator
Starting date: May 2022
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably post-graduate University Degree in Economics, Rural Development, Agricultural Economics and/or Business Management, Sociology, Psychology or other related fields
- At least 5 years’ experience in the coordination or managerial position, of which at least 3 years in an NGO
- Experience and knowledge of effective project management and project cycle management
- Proven experience in planning, organizing, implementing and reporting projects
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organizational and reporting skills, precision, rapidity, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral English is mandatory
How to Apply
I nterested applicants who fulfil the above requirements are invited to submit their applications sending motivation letter (maximum 1 page) and their CV (maximum 3 pages) by e-mail to: [email protected] & [email protected] the subject: PC_CIFA_02-2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for the submission: 22 nd May 2022