About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio ranging from very large food-supported emergency response to cutting edge development programs. The current CRS/Ethiopia budget stands at $100 million with funding from the U.S. Government, UN agencies, private foundations, individual donors, and CRS private funds.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following positions;
Position Title: Warehouse Officer
Department: Supply Chain
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Dire Dawa
Required Number: Two
Employment Term: Indefinite period contingent upon funding of the programs
Reports To: PDP Manager
Application Deadline: October 29, 2020
You will coordinate activities related to warehouse management, Title II Commodities and goods receipt, storage handling, monitoring, and dispatch in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. You will ensure commodities and goods entrusted to the organization by donors are maintained applying established standards and in compliance with CRS and donor regulations, and international and local supply chain accountability standards and requirements.
Job Responsibilities :
- Coordinate activities to ensure warehousing/storage facilities and all necessary equipment and supplies are secured and maintained in excellent physical condition and quantities for proper storage and safeguarding of commodities and goods. Conduct routine daily inspections of the commodities from sign of infestation and put in the place a monitoring system and take immediate action to eliminate damages/spoilage and deficiencies of goods and commodities.
- Coordinate with the logistics team to schedule the timely receipt, dispatch, and delivery of goods to extended distribution points and/or partners. Maintain up-to-date information on the status of the movement of relief goods.
- Help coordinate receipt (offloading, checking and verifying quantities/weight and quality) and dispatch (packing, labeling, loading); and, ensures verification, preparation, and maintenance of accurate, complete, and up-to-date documentation on all goods received and shipped.
- Plan and supervise the work of casual laborers delivery surveyors and outsourced cleaners.
- Oversee the warehouses and inspection of commodities and goods to ensure they are in excellent condition. Provide immediate report in damage and/or loss handling of replenishment of commodities and goods to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained in accordance with program needs to reduce pipeline break/shortfall.
- Ensure an efficient and reliable inventory stock control system for food commodities, goods and warehouse materials/equipment and oversees maintenance of an up-to-date stock ledger.
- File and distribute documents as required and assist with the preparation of reports related to commodities and goods movements, damage, or loss, inventory stock control, fumigation & spray record and warehouse activities
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· BA/BSC degree in related field of study with 4 years’ relevant experience
· Knowledge and understanding of inventory management and control principles.
· Ability to manage manual workforce
· Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word). Experience with database management systems (e.g. MS Access) is a plus.
· Good coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Good communication and relationship management skills
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Positions):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships *Professional Growth *Partnership *Accountability
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by October 29, 2020, up to 5:00 PM , late submission will not be accepted.
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.”
These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a written exam/interview.
“qualified women and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply”
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer