Job Title: Zonal Project Officer
Required No. One
Reports To (Title): Regional Director
Location: Bahir Dar
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Zonal project officer for support of Zones/Town HOs will provide technical assistance to the selected Zones/Woredas/ Towns/sub city HOs to enable them implement high-quality comprehensive HIV case identification, Prevention, care and treatment services. S/he will follow up the planning and updating the execution of planned activities of the selected Zones/ Towns/sub city HOs through direct and virtual support. S/he will support with a focus on meeting the PEPFAR 95-95-95 goals throughout the COP 20 period.
· Under the supervision of ICAP regional Director, the Zonal project officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support Zones/ woreda/ Towns HOs in capacity building, implementation support and monitoring of optimized case identification, HIV prevention, ART optimization, adherence support and viral load monitoring.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Provide spaced out (Periodic) supervision/mentoring and support to the facility staff to improve case identification, new initiatives, linkage, ART initiation and VLM.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure documentation at each of SDP providing P & FB ICT/KP-FS/SNS/Targeted HIV testing using HRST.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to ensure the implementation of KP-QSC and U=U service activities.
- Support Zones/ Towns HOs to Ensure optimal linkage of all identified positives including Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) for early ART initiation and enhanced counselling to improve adherence & retention as per the SOP.
· Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure availability of SOP/GL/PST/M & E tools, provide orientation, and monitor its use.
· Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure HFs assignment of trained HCWs for provision of P & FB ICT, KP/SNS ART service and viral load monitoring services.
· Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure the provision of HIV prevention service activities such as PrEP, GVB and U=U.
· Support Zones/Towns HOs to Strengthen ASM for DSD, support HFs initiation and integration of mental health screening service and management to ART care.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Support the site on TLD roll out and optimization of ART for children.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Support implementation of TPT as per the GL in the region.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Improve quality of care for adolescents on ART through adolescent friendly services.
· Support Zones/Towns HOs to follow and support facilities on the demand creation for cervical cancer screening, provision and scale up of Cervical cancer screening and management services.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Strengthen timely VL monitoring and improved result management.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure weekly monitoring of all high viral load results.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Support high load sites to establish viremia clinics and extended hours service to improve RVLM the provision of Enhanced Adherence Counseling (EAC) services.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Follow and support facility level MDT for provision of P & FB ICT/KP-FS/SNS/Targeted HIV testing using HRST /Early ART/Intensive VLM services at regular and extended hours as per the SOP and GL.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Ensure the HF supports and monitors implementation of P & FB ICT/KP/SNS/ Tracing of LTFU activities.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to ensure HF level weekly PR on progress of case identification, linkage, early ART initiation, retention, VLM and viral suppression and re-suppression.
- Support Zones/towns in the initiation and scaling-up of new initiatives including HPV-DNA PCR for cervical cancer screening and Urine- LAM tests for TB diagnosis.
- Support Zones/Towns HOs to Submit weekly/monthly reports to higher level on time.
· HO/BSc Nurse; an additional degree in public health is an asset.
· 2-5 years’ work experience working on HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
· Experience as Clinical Mentor is highly preferred.
· Ability to establish and maintain teamwork.
· Basic computer knowledge (MS office Plus).
· Proficiency in written and spoken English
How to Apply
- Only online applications are received
- Click here to apply https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/493461/zonal-project-officer
- NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Closing date for receiving applications is – July 25, 2021